Post Top Ad

Tuesday, 28 November 2017

Stacey vs. Blog Photography



When I first started blogging in February, I knew it wasn't going to be as easy as it seemed. Sure, I know how to write, but I'd done my research and knew there was so much more to it. Things like making sure you're promoting your blog on social media, getting the layout of your blog to how you want it and taking photographs for your post to make it more attractive.

It's taken me a while, but I feel like I am getting to grips with social media for blogging and I'm quite happy with how my blog looks. One thing I can't seem to master though is my photography.

I mean, I don't think my pictures look awful, but I also know that they're not up to the standard that's expected of a blogger. I'll offer some reasons why:


  • I'm currently using my phone to take pictures
At the moment I'm currently using my Samsung Galaxy S6 to take pictures. I know that most guides to starting blogging will say your phone is all you need, but I still feel like the quality of the camera on my phone isn't as good as say, the camera on the latest iPhone or a DSLR.

  • I don't live alone
I still live my parents. So do my two brothers. As you can imagine, this makes our house quite cramped. I live in the box room, which is absolutely tiny, so I don't have much space to play about with my photography layouts. Most of my pictures are taken on the coffee table in the living room, which can be a pain if I want to take my pictures in the morning because the light comes through the back of the house in the morning. 

  • I don't have a photographer friend readily available
As for taking pictures of myself, I generally rely on taking selfies. I do have friends who take and edit photographs as a hobby, but we all lead adult lives and trying to find a day where we're both free and able to meet up is quite tricky. I could hire a photographer, but that would cost money that I don't currently have going spare.

  • Money
I know there's answers to all of the reasons that I've already written. Buy a camera, move out, buy some lighting, hire a photographer. I would love to be able to do all of those things but I sadly I don't earn a lot of money in my current job and don't have the disposable income to be able to do those things. Maybe one of my goals for 2018 could be to start putting more money away each month to work towards being able to invest. 

I'm not opposed to taking advice on this matter, so if you have any just let me know. How did you deal with your photography when you were first starting out?

Stacey Rose xx

Let's connect
13:25 / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad