Post Top Ad

Monday, 20 November 2017

Health & Fitness Update: I May Have Stalled



In June, I opened up in my blog post Weight Loss: How I've Done So Far And My Future Goals about how I wanted to lose weight and how I had progressed with that goal in the beginning of the year. I talked about how I wanted to lost more weight by the end of the year and how I wanted to be able to see that change when I looked in the mirror. I'd love to be able to say that I've reached the goal that I set for myself but, sadly, I haven't.

In fact, I haven't made any progress towards it at all.

Not too long after I wrote that blog post, I injured myself during wrestling training. I landed square on my head whilst trying to flip and strained my neck and my chest. I'm actually pretty thankful that that was the outcome and I wasn't even more seriously injured.

As with any sports injury, I had to take some time out away from training. It took about three weeks for my neck to clear up entirely, and for months afterwards I still felt pangs of pain in my chest (which my doctor refused to send me for a scan for, but I assume maybe it was mild ligament damage of some kind) so I haven't participated in any training sessions since about July, just to be on the safe side.

I already mentioned in my previous post how I get anxious when it comes to going to the gym by myself, but I really don't have any excuse for not working out at home. The main reason for me not working out at home is laziness, I'll 100% hold my hands up and admit that. I haven't weighed myself, as I don't believe in weighing yourself anyway, but I do suspect that I may have put some weight back on since June. I sure as hell feel bigger anyway.

But I'm not going to beat myself up about it. If this had have happened years ago, or even last year, I would have told myself I'm useless and weak willed and all that negative stuff.

Instead, I cancelled my gym membership at my old gym and signed up to a new gym where I have friends who are also members.  I started trying to get back into a routine last week and having gym buddies has made a world of difference.  They've helped me with my form in the gym without patronising me or making me feel rubbish about it and it's not felt like a chore at all. 

So no, I haven't met my weight loss goals this year, but sometimes life throws you a curveball (like an injury) and you've gotta just keep rolling with the punches. Hopefully I can get myself back on track and meet my goals in another six months time.

Stacey Rose xx


Let's connect
11:05 / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad