Post Top Ad

Monday, 19 June 2017

When Do You Stop Chasing?


I believe there are two types of people in this world - the chasers and the chased. The chasers are those who run around after everyone, the makers of plans and generally the people who tend to start a conversation first. Those who are chased don't tend to approach people first but instead allow people to approach them (largely unintentionally) but are likely a bit more rubbish at staying in touch with people than the chasers are. 

There's also a third type of person - people who take the absolute piss. 

I consider my a chaser. As I've matured, I've begun to understand that people don't always message you first as life gets in the way and sometimes people lose track of time and don't realise how long it's been since you last spoke. And that's ok, because it doesn't mean that they're not thinking about you. 

I've also met a lot of people who don't appreciate the effort. The people who I get on with so so well when I see them, who I have awesome conversations with and consider some of my favourite people. That is, until it comes to keeping in touch.  Until I get tired of always being the one to get in touch first. Until they read my messages and don't reply, and it feels like they can't be bothered keeping up conversation. Until it starts to feel like maybe they don't care about me as much as I care about them. That feeling sucks.

I'm sure there's a ton of people out there who feel the same way that I do. I'm sure there's people who have that one person who they SO wanna spend time with and talk to but that person just doesn't seem to care.

So here's the question. When do you stop chasing someone who you care about so much?

After all, the reason that you're chasing them in the first place is because you feel like you have some kind of connection with them, be it platonically or romantically.  There must have been something about that person that drew you to them, how do you stop seeing that something? How do you fight that urge to message them to see how they're doing?

I'm pretty sure I've just talked a load of bubbles, but it's been on my mind for a while and I guess it was bothering me to the point where I needed to get it out somewhere.

How do you cope with this situation? Do you have any advice?

Stacey Rose xx

I NOW HAVE A FACEBOOK PAGE WHICH YOU CAN LIKE BELOW

USUAL SOCIAL MEDIA
14:52 / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad